Just About Had A Cow Today....

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 11:02pm by myslady

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 2

So I call up Dawn foods to order fondant and icing sugar as I am running low...I give the girl the item numbers and ask again what the minimum amount is so they will deliver for free....

Me: I'll take 5 pails of white fondant..(5kg pails)...How much is that?
Dawn sales clerk: The fondant is $49.99 a pail...
Me: icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Ummmm..What...It was $22.00 a pail last year...You raised the price by 50%.. icon_eek.gif
Dawn Sales clerk: Yeahh..
Me: Okay..I'll take 3 pails...(was going to take 5) icon_confused.gif
Me: I also need icing sugar..The 40 kg bag..How much is that??
Dawn sales clerk: Umm...$172.00 a bag
Me: What.. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif nearly choking on my coffee..You mean you raised that too by 50%..It was $80.00 last year...
Dawn sales clerk: You can talk to your sales rep about the pricing..Who is your rep?
Me: Sophie
Dawn Sales clerk:Sophie is no longer here..Your rep is now Clayton XXXX..I'll get him to call you..Oh..he moved to XXX..Let me just put you on hold...
Me: Me thinking..Yeah..You do that... icon_confused.gif
Dawn sales clerk:Well it looks like Clayon had specific pricing for you..
Me: Okay Great...I hope it is cheaper... icon_wink.gif
Dawn sales clerk: Yeah..It is... icon_lol.gif Fondant is $26.00 a pail and sugar is $80.00 a bag.. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Me: That's what I thought because that is around what I paid last year for product.(ALMOST having a cow..)
Dawn sales clerk:It comes to $333.00
Me: Great...put it on my Credit card on file...
Dawn sales clerk:We'll deliver on Tuesday...
Me: Thankyou thumbs_up.gif

I could not believe the prices she was trying to charge me...At those rates..I would either have to raise my prices significantly(which I can't do in this recession right now)or...Close up my cake business.. icon_cry.gif

Another thing this tells me is your rep has the ability to lower prices etc so don't accept the prices they first want to give... icon_wink.gif

Sorry my rant for the afternoon... icon_wink.gif

1 reply
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 2

LOL funny story.

They shoul have notified you that your rep changed though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%