Wedding/grooms Cake Question

Decorating By celestecakes78 Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 12:43am by celestecakes78

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a wedding cake and grooms cake for a couple that is having 150 guests. I've never made a combo wedding and grooms cake before and i'm having trouble figuring out how to split up the servings between the 2 cakes. Does anyone have experience with this ?

2 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 3

You will want the wedding cake to be the main, larger cake. The groom's cake is the smaller, "fun" cake. Usually, I will design the wedding cake first and figure out how many people it will serve. This will tell me how many servings I will need for the groom's cake and then I size the groom's cake accordingly.

For example, you said that you need to serve 150--you could do a 6", 10" and 14" wedding cake (serves 124) and then a 9" groom's cake (serves 30). There's are lots of ways that you can do this--that's why I start with the design of the wedding cake, figure out how many servings I will need for the groom's cake and then go from there. HTH!

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 12:43am
post #3 of 3

i'm going to be making a cheeseburger and a beer next to it for the grooms cake. Honestly I think i'm more nervous because i'm going to be at this wedding as a guest (pressure!) icon_eek.gif i'm going to be sketching out more details tonight. Thanks for your insight thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%