Need Ideas For A One Year Old Bday Cake :)

Decorating By SomethingSweetByFlo Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 7:58pm by SomethingSweetByFlo

SomethingSweetByFlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetByFlo Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 6

Hi my CC friends!

I have a cake coming up and the main part will be a girly rubber ducky. It will be yellow (of course) and have a red scarf.

I would like to place it on a large round cake and that's where I need your ideas.

How should I decorate the bottom circular layer? It's for a one year old girl so I would like to make it cute and girly....what comes to your mind??

Thanks in advance everyone!

5 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:59am
post #2 of 6

I have seen many cakes where the duck sits in a barrel filled with bubbles or water. Cover the outside of the bottom cake with brown variegated fondant twisted to look like wood. Search some rubby ducky pictures in the gallery and you will see what I mean.

Good Luck! aztomcat

katj012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katj012 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 6

What about something simple like little polka dots or curliques? I love stuff like that for little kids icon_smile.gif

Tinacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinacakes Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 6

make the bottom look like a pink tub with all girly stuff like slippers, a brush and so on

cureVHAandCF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cureVHAandCF Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 6

After the crumb coat and before you put the fondant on you could make a "snake" out of fondant then put it around the edge of the cake so when you cover it with fondant it looks like a bath tub and that is the rim. You could fill the tub with a bunch of bubbles.(made out of white or light blue fondant rolled into little balls, maybe you could add sparkles?)

SomethingSweetByFlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetByFlo Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 6

Wow, thanks everyone for your ideas and tips on how to make the bottom layer!!

I really like the girlie bath idea with slippers, brush, etc.!!

I'm going to consult with the customer, I will def put up pics once it done =)

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%