Dense Enough Recipe??

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 1:39pm by AnnieCahill

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:09am
post #1 of 3

My customer wants the Betty Crocker Cherry Chip flavor cake which is no problem..However I am doing a 3D Strawberry (shortcake cake) and I need the cake to be firm and dense to hold fondant.I have used the Durable chocolate cake recipe on here and it is delicious and awesome for carving....My question is this...

The durable choclate cake recipe is basically a doctored cake mix with a pkg of chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup of sour cream...If I use the boxed Cherry chip mix and all the other same ingredients except vanilla pudding instead of chocolate....Do you think the cake will taste good and have a dense texture??

Thoughts!!

2 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:01am
post #2 of 3

I would use the cake mix extender to your mix. Search it in recipes, you can also add the pudding to it for extra flavor. I never go wrong with it.

Good Luck

Dee in AZ

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 3

Kiddie,

I personally wouldn't use any pudding in the mix. BC mixes already have pudding so they are already sturdy. I used a BC mix a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how sturdy it was compared to Duncan Hines. When I do boxed stuff I will use the Original WASC by Kakeladi. It has less liquid and it makes a nice dense sturdy cake. It actually tastes good too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%