Can I Just Chop Up Candy Bars Into Filling?

Baking By theCword Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 1:15am by Cakeopoly

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 7

I have some reeces peanut butter cups that are begging to be used in the pantry. Is there a way to incorporate them into my filling? I will be using bc... the cake is WASC. Just chop them up and spread?

6 replies
knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 7

I would do that! It shouldn't hurt the cake at all. I think it would taste delicious!

AmbitiousBeginner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmbitiousBeginner Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, I followed a recipe posted here and added peanut butter to chocolate bc, then chopped up reeses pb cups by sprinkling on top of spread bc. It said to sprinkle on after bc spread and not to mix it in because you won't be able to taste them.

It was delicious

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 7

ahhhhh okay.. my bc is regular vanilla. hmmm so i'll just chop them up a bit and sprinkle. mmmmm so my big cake will be oreo filling and the smaller one will be reeces peanut butter cup. holy moly!

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 7

someone gave me a recipe for Butterfinger filling that rocked. icon_smile.gif It was PB, Cream Cheese, crushed Butterfingers and I forget what else. Man, did it taste good on a spoon. icon_smile.gif

Christy

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 7

I whip up some chocolate Bettercream and add chopped recee's pb cups to it. Soooo yummy!

Cakeopoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopoly Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 1:15am
post #7 of 7

Christy, that does sound good! I found a PB cream cheese frosting that you could add chopped Butterfinger bars to...I wonder if it would be similar?

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 -3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%