Any Suggestions On This Cake?

Decorating By Briniga Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 12:04am by Briniga

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I drew out this cake for my anniversary next year, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to add to it? the party is formal, in black, white, silver & alittle bit of red & the decor is chandeliers & damask patterns, thanks! http://www.flickr.com/photos/brittani/6053769201/in/photostream/

7 replies
Briniga Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 8

i kinda wanted to add another tier to it, but i wasnt sure if i should & how to decorate it if i did...

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 8

There are templetes that you can print out. They're under "galleries", you have to scroll down a ways but you'll find them (they're just above "Naughty cakes". They're wonderful to use. The cake will be beautiful.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 8

Beautiful! Are the tiers square? If so, it would be pretty I think to hang the chandelier on the left half of the top tier (so a little to the left of where you have it now) and write out you and your husbands names in a nice formal script next to it, on the right side. I think I explained that right? Either way, it's going to be so pretty!

Briniga Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapazlady

There are templetes that you can print out. They're under "galleries", you have to scroll down a ways but you'll find them (they're just above "Naughty cakes". They're wonderful to use. The cake will be beautiful.

thanks! i will look at them

Briniga Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeth3

Beautiful! Are the tiers square? If so, it would be pretty I think to hang the chandelier on the left half of the top tier (so a little to the left of where you have it now) and write out you and your husbands names in a nice formal script next to it, on the right side. I think I explained that right? Either way, it's going to be so pretty!

Im not sure what shape yet but i was thinking round, i know i drew this one square but still not sure yet. that sounds cute though thanks for that suggestion!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 8

Also, if you add edible diamonds and/or beads...to the chandelier, it would really give it dimension and glam, as long as you didn't over do it of course. Maybe you were already thinking that though. You could repeat it on the bottom tier with one in the center of your damask pattern here and there, subtly tying the two tiers together.

Briniga Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 12:04am
post #8 of 8

Yea I had already thought of tiny diamonds for the chandelier, thats a good idea to do it on the damask decor too! icon_biggrin.gif thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%