Heavy Cream Vs Heavy Whipping Cream?

Baking By CakinKimi Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 11:57pm by CakinKimi

CakinKimi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakinKimi Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 5

I have been wanting to try out this recipe ----> http://annies-eats.net/2010/06/02/cookies-and-cream-cupcakes/

but I can not find "heavy cream" for the frosting....I asked my mom and she said it was the same as "heavy whipping cream", but I wasn't sure because I have another recipe from the same person that calls for "heave whipping cream" so my thoughts were if she calls heavy whipping cream in one she'd call it the same in other recipe? (Hope that makes sense).

In short, is "heavy cream" and "heavy whipping cream" the same thing?

4 replies
traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 5

"heavy cream" and "whipping cream" are the same thing. I've never heard of "heavy whipping cream".

CakinKimi Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you!

And as far as "heavy whipping cream" apparently there's "light" and "heavy" (and maybe just plain whipping cream? IDK I know I found "heavy whipping cream" at walmart as well as another local grocery store and I believe they also had a "light" as well?

At least now I know and I can make the cupcakes tomorrow, I have been craving anything oreo for a while! LOL

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 5

Ok, that makes sense. Good luck! I bet either way that recipe would be delicious!

CakinKimi Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 5

I hope so! LOL There's a cookies and cream one and an oreo one that I will be making tomorrow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%