What Is Baker's Mystery Flavor?

Decorating By KimAZ Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 7:02pm by CarolWI

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,
I found a frosting recipe that calls for this extract called " Baker's Mystery Flavor". Does anyone know what it tastes like?

I've seen available to purchase online but no flavor description.

Anyone?

KimAZ

6 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 7

Maybe that's why it's called Bakers Mystery Flavor, it's a mystery of what the taste is. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I personally have never heard of this flavoring, I can hardly wait to see if someone can give it's flavor. Maybe it will become the next favorite baking item.
evelyn

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 7

I've never heard of that but I'd be interested to see what people say about it lol

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 7

I do not know what it is either but I know kitchen krafts has it on their site for sale!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 7

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_FL0992

Quote:
Quote:

An enticing blended flavor for use in sweet bakery goods. Use this mystifyingly delicious flavor and your friends will ask, "What's in this?" Try Baker's Mystery in butter cookies, sweet doughs, cakes and icing; or in your favorite recipe in place of vanilla or almond extract.

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 7

From a review I just read, it apparently tastes like a blend of vanilla, almond and a hint of artificial cherry... Sounds interesting.

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7

I've researched this several times thinking that just maybe, someone would come up with a flavoring blend similar to this & post it; I can only think that it is a blend of extracts and possibly some butter flavoring. I would love to know, but will continue using the purchased blend until then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%