Are These Cheap Or What? Anybody Else Think So....?

Decorating By CocoaBlondie Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 5:48am by Foxicakes

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 14

So I have a wedding in a couple weeks. She did not want a tiered cake but rather cake on staggered seperate stands. I searched online & ordered these clear acrylic cake stands from efavormart.com. They came today & I'm so dissapointed! icon_mad.gif . They are so flimsy. They don't interlock correctly. The acrylic is warpped & doesn't let the stand set level. I feel like I've been seriously ripped off. Now If I want to return them I have to pay a 20% restocking fee & pay to shipped them back. Then I'm out stands for a wedding in 2 weeks. What do I do?

13 replies
cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 14

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I'm positive that I've read posts on here about folks that have ordered items from that company before and they were NOT happy with the quality and felt totally wripped off...just like you! That's the pits icon_sad.gif

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 14

I don't know what to tell you about returning the ones you have. I'd be upset too. I got the offset one by Wilton at Michaels. Don't know if still available but I love mine. I also got the separate 3 level one there too.

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:00am
post #4 of 14

I ordered a cupcake stand from them and it was horrible! I found one on EBay from Korea...I couldn't believe it arrived in 4 days and was super duper quality! Try taking a look...they may have something that will work for you.

CocoaBlondie Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:10am
post #5 of 14

Do you remember what company they came from?

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:17am
post #6 of 14

if you look at my pictures we have a fabulous acrylic stand...round and square. Made by a company in Ohio called His Designs. Good luck..oh, and they were not cheap...but well worth the money, very versatile

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:24am
post #7 of 14

Yup. efavormart.com had bad reviews online. I think there was a thread dedicated to just how bad they were not too long ago. I would try Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Maybe Wilton online also, however you might have to pay rush shipping. HTH
Fedra

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:27am
post #8 of 14

Here's a link to their ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Luvcakestand1

CocoaBlondie Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:34am
post #9 of 14

These look so much better!!! Thanks for the thread. I guess I'll just have to cough these up as a loss & buy new.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:53am
post #10 of 14

His design...style Nancy...cost 280.......Che k out all the styles before you buy eBay...I have called and he has cut me special size center posts...all parts interchangeable for different heights and looks.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:57am
post #11 of 14

Tell them you are going to put a negative review on every cake site until they give you all of your money and the return shipping... back. Send a link to this thread.

shelbymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbymama Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #12 of 14

I got mine form cakesbysam, delivered in a couple of days with no extra shipping cost.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 4:58am
post #13 of 14

Yes, that stand is crap.

If they customer brought them to you, explain to them and show them how crappy they are. They will hold the cakes up, but will probably look crooked. If they still say to use them, go for it - it's their ugly display. I wouldn't buy my the stands on my own (that I didn't want or need) for the customer. (I do have lots of stands for rental, but I wouldn't buy something new)

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 5:48am
post #14 of 14

I wouldn't buy stands new just for this cake either. Unless, of course, you are charging for them...If not, you should tell the client that the cake will be done on individual drums, but that THEY will need to provide the stand that they want. IF they want YOU to provide the stands, you should definitely be charging for them. JMHO...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%