Piano And Fishing....please Help!

Decorating By tiffanyp23 Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 10:27pm by tiffanyp23

tiffanyp23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanyp23 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 12

I have a request for a groom's cake for a piano(preferably grand), not a big deal, BUT...the groom proposed to the bride while fishing and they would like that to be incorporated as well. They want classy, not tacky. I am at a loss. Please help!!!!!

11 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 12

Hi,
This might sound insane, but as soon as I saw the topic piano and fishing I immediately thought of a grand piano, with the groom sitting on the stool in front of it. The top of the piano is up and the inside is full of "water" The groom has a fishing rod, and is fishing inside the piano, and the bride is sitting or standing beside the piano. I am crazy?...........probably!

Anyway I hope this helps! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 12

JamAndButtercream, I had the same thought as soon as I saw the topic subject too, (minus the bride and groom) so if we're crazy, at least we aren't alone! lol

The other thought I had was the piano by a pond with cattails and wildflowers and trees...a romantic pond setting.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 12

Found this. Doesn't seem to have the "fishing pond" feel to it, like your couple is looking for, but maybe this will spur some ideas.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/240727865/C304_Piano_Concert_Cake.jpg

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 12

@SarahBeth3

Glad I'm not the only one! icon_biggrin.gif

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 12

You could do the cake as the "pond" and have the piano floating on a lily pad with the groom sitting on top, fishing off the side.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 12

JamAndButtercream I had a picture of a guy fishing in the top of a piano also!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 12

I'm with SarahBeth3 with the piano by the pond idea. I picture both of them fishing off the back of the bench (facing the pond, not the piano), leaning up against each other, with an engagement ring on her hook.

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:36pm
post #9 of 12

...and the music on the piano could be "Love Story" or whatever song has meaning to them. Oh, I love this one! Can I make this cake for you? LOLOL...

katj012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katj012 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm
post #10 of 12

My first thought was of the guy sitting on the back of the piano, fishing into a lake below... so maybe the piano is sitting on a lake front.

I would LOVE to see what you end up with!

gypsyrsele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gypsyrsele Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 12

You could put the pond in the open piano with a fish jumping out of it.

tiffanyp23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanyp23 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:27pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks everybody, I knew I could count on ya'll for some great ideas. When they told me what they wanted, I immediately thought of The Princess and the Frog.
@ jamandbuttercream and sarabeth3....i like that idea, I never would have thought of that.

@ cakeuhlicious
My husband suggested something similar, except the bride and groom were frogs fishing.

This will be my first groom's cake(hopefully my break into wedding cakes), and they have not specified how large they want the cake to be. The wedding will be no more than 150 people and there will be a wedding cake so how many servings should the groom's cake be? Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%