Broadway Show Cake

Decorating By bulldog Updated 13 Sep 2005 , 12:51pm by bulldog

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do a cake for a "Broadway Show" Party. I don't know where to begin. No specific show. Just Broadway in general. Ideas, please.

7 replies
Barbara76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbara76 Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 8

maybe a sheet cake that looks like a marquee that says "there's no business like show business!"

Or a cake that looks like a playbill that has the names of the party hosts as the stars?

Barbara

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 8

you could do a stage with curtains type cake or do the marquee sign that you usually see on the outside. Say something like Now Showing..... And Cast..... or something like that..

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 8

CATS would go a good one.
Phantom of the Opera
The Lion King

Here are a few pics that might help!

Good luck and be sure to post your pic.
LL
LL
LL

bulldog Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 8:04pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks. All good ideas, but I am still hoping they change their theme.

kts3417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kts3417 Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 3:00am
post #6 of 8

You could do the comedy/tragedy masks. If you do a good search on comedy tragedy masks you can get a lot of differernt styles. But here is one I found that is the more "traditional" look.

Katie
LL

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 4:50am
post #7 of 8

Oh, wow! The masks is a wonderful and very doable idea! You could make the masks out of white fondant or gumpaste and paint on a little pearl luster dust to give them some shimmer...then put them on top of a sheet cake simply decorated with maybe the name of the local theater or use the person who the party's for name and put it on the cake...as in: "Appearing one night only....(person's name).... I love this idea! icon_smile.gif

bulldog Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 12:51pm
post #8 of 8

thanks for all the help. The longer I think about it and the more you all send, I am definately getting some great ideas. I'm sure I will now be able to pull this off. Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%