Help! Sticky Fondant!

Decorating By mistresslucille Updated 14 Aug 2011 , 2:14pm by mistresslucille

mistresslucille Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistresslucille Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 3

(I should probably say, I'm a long-time lurker first-time poster, so I think this is where this should go... if not, then sorry!)

I'm working on my Threadcakes entry (cutting it fine, I know!) and last night I was forced to store my cake - already fondant-covered - in the fridge because my buttercream kept threatening to melt. Anyway, I took it out an hour or so ago and was expecting *some* stickiness, but not this! The front part of the cake has dried off just fine (got a little sticky but not too bad) but the back of the cake is dreadful! The fondant is thinnest there, so it doesn't seem to want to dry.

If I leave it will it eventually dry off? If not I can always cover it up with some decoration (not recovering it now - would if it was for a client, but only my partner and I will be eating this!) but if anyone's got any tips/advice/consolation so I can just get on with whatever needs doing that would be great icon_wink.gif thank you all!

2 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 3

Putting it in front of a fan may help with the drying process if it's condensation. That's what I usually do. Enjoy your day. icon_smile.gif

mistresslucille Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistresslucille Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisskween

Putting it in front of a fan may help with the drying process if it's condensation. That's what I usually do. Enjoy your day. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the advice! Our floor-fan is perched up on my kitchen counter as we speak - hopefully it will do the job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%