Bundt Pans Hate Me!

Baking By TykishaP2008 Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 11:42pm by kelleym

TykishaP2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TykishaP2008 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 4:44am
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here to Cake Central and I just need some advice. How can I get my bundt cakes to not stick to the pan? I've tried Pam with Flour, butter and flour, and vegetable shortening but 8 times out of 10, my cakes still stick to the pan. Everytime I get a request for a bundt cake, I get so nervous because I just know that it's going to stick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tykisha

3 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 4

First, are you using a good quality pan? That makes a big difference. Is it scratched inside? If so, time for a new one. I use shortening in mine. Be sure you are completely covering every little nook and cranny of your pan. I grease mine really heavily. Another thing to look at is when you are taking it out of the pan. It should be no more than 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven. If the cake has cooled too much it will stick. Good luck icon_smile.gif.

TykishaP2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TykishaP2008 Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you Elcee for replying to my post. I can't remember where I purchased my bundt pans from but I do remember that they were really cheap. I'm just going to trash them and purchase some new, more expensive ones. I was also thinking about purchasing silicone pans...have you ever used them and how well do they work?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 4

I had a silicone bundt pan and I threw it away. Get yourself a good NordicWare bundt pan, and use a baking spray with flour and you should be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%