Really?!?! A Funny By Nyc Cake Girl (Rbi)

Decorating By simplysouthern Updated 14 Aug 2011 , 1:30am by simplysouthern

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:09am
post #1 of 7

So as a caker I had to share with you all this too funny blog post by NYC Cakegirl. Even though I'm no where in the same realm or caliber as RBI, I can appreciate the REALLY?!?! Blog post and I have a feeling so can you....

http://nyccakegirl.wordpress.com/2011/08/10/really/

Enjoy icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

That post was soo funny! Thanks for posting it simplysourthern. icon_smile.gif

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 12:50am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for posting this! I needed it, really!
Yesterday, I made a beach wedding cake (in my profile) and the bride insisted it be put outside, in August, in 98 degree heat, with high humidity, under a tent.
I cracked up when I read the first line, really!

"- You have a tented reception in the middle of August; the temperature is 95 degrees outside with high humidity. Your guests are sweating; you think your cake should not. Really?"

My bride wanted the cake to sit outside in the tent, really!
When I told the bride that I would recommend, she keep the cake inside, in the air-conditioning, she said, "Can't we MOVE it outside for the cutting? What if we moved the cake while it was sitting on the table?"
A 12 inch 10 inch, and 7 inch three tier cake? Really?

Luckily, I got smart (really!, a first!) and made the receiver of the cake (the mother of the groom) sign off on it, removing me from all heat and turbulence of liability.
Really! icon_wink.gif [/u]

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:07am
post #4 of 7

i just madevthat guitar cake, andbitbtook a full sheet to do the casebtomactual size. And a lot of hours of time......

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:18am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for posting that, it was really good! icon_biggrin.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:29am
post #6 of 7

Funny, funny, funny, and this is why I don't like the "general public" so much. Yup really. icon_wink.gif

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 1:30am
post #7 of 7

I love the one about her voicemail listing her hours yet people want her to call after 7pm.......REALLY?!?!

This happens to me everyday, because ya know I don't have 3 kids, a husband, and a LIFE! No I'm literally sitting around waiting to call you during my dinner, REALLY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%