Would It Hurt To Say "thank You"?

Lounge By Unlimited Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 3:03pm by bakerliz

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:03am
post #1 of 7

I assume the thread with this title was deletedjust wanted to add that it happened to me yet again... 2 weeks ago. I'm such a sucker!

It took me an hour and a half to upload a description to one of my videos and answer a couple of questions from a PM request, and never received a "Thank You" reply!!!

From now on, I've decided to only answer PMs that are truly private... I'll answer them publicly instead, so everyone can see how rude it is when a simple thanks is never offered.

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 10:22am
post #2 of 7

I'm saddened to read that this happened to you. It is unfortunate that courtesy has flown the coop here.

But thanks for the reminder. Someone else here sent me something the other day, and I have been meaning to respond with thanks, but it kept slipping my mind.

On to my e-mail to do that now -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Unlimited Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

It is unfortunate that courtesy has flown the coop here.

Indeed.

It makes it especially difficult to ignore when he-she is online a lot, yet clueless about appropriate manners.

Thanks for listening though!

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 7

I've only had one member not thank me when I helped her with a question in a PM, but I've had a few others who went out of their way to send a "thank you" when I helped them.

So they definitely made me feel good about taking the time to answer their questions.

I can understand your frustration. I certainly don't understand people who don't send a quick thank you, it only takes a few seconds.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 5:56am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

It is unfortunate that courtesy has flown the coop here.

Indeed.

It makes it especially difficult to ignore when he-she is online a lot, yet clueless about appropriate manners.

Thanks for listening though!

I'm with you - I have sent very detailed PM's helping people and never once heard from them again. Sucks.

Unlimited Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 7

Yep, it feels good when they appreciate your assistancesucks when they don't!

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 7

A little reminder never hurt anybody...I just remembered someone that I never thanked and I'm off to do that right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%