Need Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Baking By SPODN Updated 1 Sep 2011 , 3:18am by SPODN

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 13

I want to doctor a cake mix to taste like chocolate chip cookies. I was going to use butter instead of the oil and add chocolate chips but without brown sugar it won't taste like the cookies. Any suggestions

12 replies
SPODN Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 13

Just found a recipe on line for a brown sugar cake that uses a mix. I'm going to try it. I'll post the recipe if it works out well.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 13

I've used the wasc recipe or the cake mix extender recipe - substitute the white sugar for brown sugar and fold in choc. chips in the end. Tasted great.

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 13

I use the WASC recipe also. But i start with a butter cake mix, use the brown sugar instead of white lots of vanilla and chocolate chips. I fill mine with ganache or a marshmallow and cream cheese filling..super yummy

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 13

Yes, I forgot to mention, I use the golden cake mix and extra vanilla too. icon_smile.gif

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:53pm
post #6 of 13

dont you just love WASC? I have made everything from margarita to a graham cracker cake with it! I tried a red velvet too my in laws loved it but i thnk it needs to be perfected lol

SPODN Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 13

I tried the WASC cake and substituted the white sugar for brown sugar and added chips and it didn't taste like choc chip cookies, It was okey but tasted more like a choc chip muffin. icon_cry.gif [/list]

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 13

I think getting a chocolate chip cookie flavor in a cake form will be tough. A lot of that flavor comes from the browning of the brown sugar and butter. Next time I would use dark brown sugar (more molasses) and add some butter.

Or, you could try crushing cookies and adding them to the batter...

SPODN Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 6:16pm
post #9 of 13

Crushing the cookies is a good idea I think I'll try that. I was also thinking about trying to compare the cookie recipe to a cake recipe and combine the 2 and baking from scratch instead of trying use wasc.

Thanks for the response

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:50am
post #10 of 13

I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to make a link to it, but there is a sticky for "gourmet" flavors. Many of the recipes are a wasc recipe and there is a great chocolate chip cookie one.

SPODN Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #11 of 13

Not very knowledgable about the internet, What is a sticky, how do I look for this.

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:40am
post #12 of 13

Sorry, I was on my phone and couldn't do much for you. Hopefully the link below will take you to the recipe (and so many others!). As for the sticky, when you go the forums, there are some threads that are always at the top, those are stickies. They are "stuck" at the top so people can find them easier. icon_smile.gif

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs&pli=1

SPODN Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 3:18am
post #13 of 13

Thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%