Dumb Question Of The Day... What Kind Of Gloves?

Decorating By theCword Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm by LEHLA

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 5

Tomorrow I'll be making my MMF and dying it all different colors. What kind of gloves do I need to use, just regular old latex??

4 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 5

I wear close fitting latex gloves, and I put them on and wash my hands first and then start kneading! or you could wear silicone gloves, I don't think theres any real difference.

hope this helps good luck! thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 5

I just coat my hands in crisco. icon_smile.gif I have small hands so it's hard to find glove that fit well, and when they do the fondant just seems to stick to them.

Also, you may want to consider a nitrite (I think that's it) glove or a non latex glove, since some people so have allergies to latex.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 5

i really like the disposable vinyl gloves ... sold in the same section as latex gloves, but better especially if you have allergies to latex or whatever that powder is inside them. the vinyl always seem to fit me well and seem more durable.

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 5

I wont use latex beacause of the allergies people have! I know a woman who is so allergic he grandson cant even touch a balloon then touch her or her throat closes up !

Quote by @%username% on %date%