Why Anti Blue?

Decorating By SweetSuzieQ Updated 13 Aug 2011 , 7:54pm by mommynana

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 11:33pm
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

A little black will make it a double whammy.

You can say that again. for halloween I set out a table of just black and white candy. It looked so unappetizing.

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:13am
post #32 of 40

then that was perfect for Halloween haha

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:34am
post #34 of 40

gidgetdoescakes, that is the link that I posted from. LOL

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 12:51am
post #35 of 40

Wow, I'm feeling so well educated right now from reading this thread! So much interesting information!

gidgetdoescakes Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 1:11am
post #36 of 40

haha...good ol google lol

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 5:44pm
post #37 of 40

Aaah, Day One Culinary School. My Pastry Chef informed us to never, yes, never use blue in any way, shape or form with food. Not on cakes, not with food displays. Never.

Blue isn't in the food world, and it is considered the most unappetizing color. It is to never be used, never.

She did say never alot. icon_smile.gif

It's all in the personal aesthetics. I have seen some gorgeous blue wedding cakes. But I do still smile when people tell me what kind of blue to use on their cakes.

Tami icon_smile.gif

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 6:59pm
post #38 of 40

Never?

LOL, sorry, I thought one extra never couldn't hurt! HA, guess she felt strongly about it!

pusskin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pusskin Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 7:18pm
post #39 of 40

I don't know if it's true but I remember being told that the reason blue was such a no no in the pastry world had to do with the lack of food safe colour which made a nice colour. Generally any attempt to make blue food ended up with a vaguely mouldy looking thing.
Of course technology means you could probably even get confectioners cream true blue with the new colours.
Cake tends to escape the prejudice because it's often made to look like non food items. Eg wedgewood pottery.

Yours aye

Puss

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 7:54pm
post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx

Blue roses are actually white roses that are put into water with food colouring in it. Change the water and the colour will start to leach out of the rose head.

That's so 1990's!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, the Japanese have perfected a true blue rose through genetic engineering. They inserted genes from pansies and iris into rose DNA. They are currently grown in Australia by the Florigene Company since 2004. No dyes or food colouring at all

My daughter and I were at a store this past mothers day, and they had them their, they were beautiful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%