Bizarre Request For A Wedding Cake...ideas.

Decorating By brett9008 Updated 11 Aug 2011 , 3:45pm by matthewkyrankelly

brett9008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brett9008 Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 5

I had a lady contact me about her wedding cake. Her husband-to-be thinks wedding cakes are bad luck? Anyway, she wants a tiered cake consisting of.....Brownie on the bottom, chocolate chip cookie for the middle, and fudge for top tier? Seriously? And she wahts the bottome 2 tiers to be iced. Is this do-able? Help, before I say no....or yes.

4 replies
bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 5

I've iced and stacked and fondant covered brownie before. It worked great. I think you could do the cookie as long as your recipe baked up flat and thick (think cookie cake at the mall). I think the fudge would work too...make sure you spread it level in the pan and chill it to remove it. Make sure your stand is super strong though, because that fudge will be heavy! HTH

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 5

yes its possible. make the brownie maybe a cake like brownie, stack like you would a cake with maybe a chocolate frosting in between the layers and frost as usual, maybe chocolate ganache?? I have made stacked brownies before, i just baked them in round pans... good luck!!!

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:33pm
post #4 of 5

You can take a cookie recipe and bake it in a cake pan as you would a brownie. It just needs more cooking time and I might bake it at a lower temperature.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 5

BTW - have you tried Joy of Baking brownie recipe online? Best brownie ever. Worthy of a wedding cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%