Cricut And Sure Cuts Alot

Decorating By kearniesue Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:31pm by kearniesue

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Sure Cuts Alot is still usable with cricut? I know they were going to put a stop to it, but I just wasn't sure if it has happened yet. I wanted to try to buy it before they change the compatability.

Thanks,

Karen

4 replies
bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 5

If you are thinking of getting a Cricut you will not be able to use it with SCAL or MTC. The machine that several of us on Cake Central use is called the Silhouette. You use your computer and you can use MTC with this machine. If you decide to go with the Silhouette be sure to get it from Linda McClure because it comes with the correct blade for cutting icing sheets or gum paste.

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 5

Nope, pretty sure they don't sell a compatible version for Cricut anymore. Sorry! Not sure if you can buy it from an individual though. It might be worth it to take a look on ebay or somewhere similar.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 5

Their site states it is no longer compatible with the cricut. I highly recommend the silhouette from Linda.

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, everyone. I already have a cricut and have for a while, but just haven't been able to get the software yet. Guess I'll check around to see if I can find an old version somewhere.

Thanks,

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%