...support A Monster Truck Cake?

Decorating By Skidoochic Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm by Skidoochic

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

I am going to attempt a monster truck cake for my nephew. I am thinking of trying to carve a truck shape out of 9 X13 cakes and then I *think* I would put that on a styrofoam board cut to shape and drive dowels down into the cake below. The tires would be RKT. Would I wait and drive the dowels until after I place the RKT? (I have never worked with RKT!).. j

Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 4

I would add the RKT tires on after the cake is almost done..Like the last thing to go on.When I made my monster truck I made a platform raised to hold the actual cake in the middle so it looked like it was suspended from the cakeboard.Then when you attach the wheels they look huge.If you do a search there are a few cakes on here like that..Also try to google it.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 4

Here's one that I did for my grown-up son, based on his off-road radio-controlled truck.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1797246

I decided to make the truck from RKT for two reasons: it allowed me to make it ahead of time and then focus my attention on the cake and decorating details, and (2) it allowed him to keep and enjoy the truck after the party was over and the cake was gone. Eventually he had to toss it because they had fruit flys in the house and couldn't figure out what was attracting them icon_smile.gif We had a lot of fun with this "project."

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 4

Great advice! Thank you both. I think maybe I will try the truck in RKT too. IDK! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%