So Mad At Customer Yesterday But Feeling Bad Today

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 2:47am by matthewkyrankelly

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 11

So I had a previous customer call me yesterday about a cake she needs by FRIDAY. Now I do take last minute cake orders if I am able to so that's not really a problem. She had tried to call me on Sunday but my phone messed up one time and the second time was at dinner so I didn't answer but she didn't leave a message. Anyways she had a picture of what she wanted and would send it in a hour or so. This was at 2, and I still hadn't received it by 6. So she calls about 7:30 to see if I got it which I hadn't. She said she just sent it 30 minutes ago which I'm sure I got I just haven't checked yet since it was after hours and actually my families dinner time but I will check it and email back. She asks if I will call her right back and I said not tonight but I will tomorrow. She keeps pushing and pushing while I keep saying no but I finally say yes. She already has made me mad because I was pushed into giving her a discount on the last cake with a promise of a second cake within a month and cowboys football tickets, which neither came. So I look at the pics she sent and came up with prices that are higher then I normally do and call her back. I give her the prices and she says they are high and the last cake wasn't which I tell her that was because I gave her a discount. She does order the cake anyways, so I know price is not an issue. I now feel a bit bad I am charging her so much and for getting a bit frustrated on the second call. So let me know what you all think.

10 replies
LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 11

Waited till the last minute-10%
Called after hours-10%
Didn't listen-10%
Feeling guilty-priceless!
Don't worry about it. Just hope she pays you...

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 11

Don't worry about it, she agreed on the price there should be a premium for requesting a last minute custom cake.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 11

You already been the good guy and gave her a discount on the one cake, She promised you several things and has not followed through.....and now she wants another favor........she is being a pain in the a... she is taking advantage of your good nature........ Charge her your normal price, plus a PIA charge......if she doesn't like it, to bad.... no more price breaks. I'm sorry but some customers just have to be dealt with firmly. Good luck.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

Waited till the last minute-10%
Called after hours-10%
Didn't listen-10%
Feeling guilty-priceless!
Don't worry about it. Just hope she pays you...

thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 11

If someone promised me cowboys tickets for a discounted tickets and i never got them i wouldn't make them anymore cakes! Don't feel bad icon_smile.gif

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 11

I am pretty disappointed about the tickets. I have been wanting to go to a game but the tickets are so expensive and the fathers company gets them free. I do feel better now that others agree with what I did. Thanks.

shaekae81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaekae81 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 11

I totally agree! Don't feel bad!

I like the idea of charging a "Pain in the a$$" fee! I just may implement that! lol icon_smile.gif

As a fellow Cowboy fan (native Texan misplaced in Germany...lol), I have to say waiting until THIS season, you may just get a better deal if you do finally end up with the tickets icon_wink.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #9 of 11

I love the idea of a PITA fee... may have to take into serious consideration....lol

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:24am
post #10 of 11

Heck, no promised football tickets?! No way I would feel bad.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:47am
post #11 of 11

By the way - your prices should be going up all of the time. Don't feel bad about that.

Are you paying the same for a pound of butter that you did a year ago?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%