Air Brush Kit?

Decorating By BabyGSR Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 11:45am by CarolWI

BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 5

I would love an airbrush kit but I don't have any idea where to buy/order myself one and how much does it cost you? I am very new at baking and just seeing your photos, the airbrush looks amazing and less work to do.

4 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 5

I bought mine at TCP Global http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/cakesys.aspx and I bought this one ABD KIT-CAKE-20T. It's overkill for what I need now, but my DH is big on looking towards the future and felt that having the dual airbrushes allowed me growth (and a second person if I had another person), and it came with the large bottle of airbrush colour. But there are a number of different size of airbrushes on their page so you have lots of options.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 5

I bought duffs airbrush from michaels. Not too many good cOmments from cc about it but knock on wood mine is still holding up and I love using it!

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:33am
post #4 of 5

Being a newbie here, I am finding it a wee bit overwhelming to choose an air brush kit. I'm kind of leaning towards the Master Airbrush "Cake Decorating Airbrush Kit with 24 Amerimist Food Colors and TC-20T Air Compressor". It's little bit more that I wanted to spend, but then I figured that I'm getting a dual action unit & 24 colors. Before I buy, I would like to hear your experienced thoughts as to which is a good unit to purchase. Your input is greatly appreciated in advance icon_smile.gif

CarolWI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolWI Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 11:45am
post #5 of 5

Got my Airbrush kit yesterday; already played with it this morning icon_smile.gif and think I'm going to love it!!! My neighbor girl (14) has asked me to do a b-day cake for her mom and wants a rooster. I have been picking my brain over & over. Then a new aquaintance of mine who is a professeional decorator at Lucks sent me a photo of a rooster cake her temp recently did; OMG...light bulb came on!!!! Buttercream rooster on parchment paper, airbrushed, & freeze until d-day & just apply to cake. Just not sure how the airbrushing will turn out on my 1st attempt, but gotta give it a whirl!! Now if only I do it thick enough so it doesn't crack when I transfer it from freezer to cake. Thank you to my dear friend and her temp at Lucks!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%