How Do You Transport Cakes?

Decorating By noreen_lyan

noreen_lyan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen_lyan Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 1

hi everyone! icon_wink.gif my friend want a cake but she's 49 kms away where i live, about 46 mins. and it's 29° and about 54% humidity on that day, our car don't have air conditioning icon_cry.gif ... and where can i put the finished cake? cake boxes will do? or plastic boxes? you think i can make it? icon_confused.gif so when should i start doing the cake? a step by step is very useful like... the day to start baking.. frosting.. covering... she'll be needing it by sunday. I heard that you could freeze your cakes,how to do it right? i'm afraid the cake stale.. i always have that problem. Should i freeze it frosted? but how can i cover it if the frosting is still soft?.... Last time i put my frosted cakes inside the fridge without cover... pulled it out and covered it with fondant but i had trouble with the moist that the fondant almost fall. i've wanted to cover it while the frosting's still hard.. i'm afraid if i let it sit the swiss meringue got too soft that i couldn't worked the fondant. So what's the way of doing it right?
And another thing,, where should i keep my royal icing mixture (made with meringue powder) if it's not in use and for how long?

I'm new on this forum how can i post a picture?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%