Anyone From/still Living And Working In Ireland?

Lounge By Cakenicing4u Updated 3 Sep 2011 , 6:18am by Cakenicing4u

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 7

My mum and I are planning a trip to Ireland next year, and I would LOVE to hunt down a fellow caker or two... We plan to rent a vehicle and kind of travel as we want to, so we can take detours here and there!!

Diana

6 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 2:05pm
post #2 of 7

Shame, I'm Irish but live in the UK now icon_sad.gif
Valkstar is in Dublin (I believe) and I think there are a few more people in Ireland.

Have a great trip!

Irish_Sue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish_Sue Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 7

I'm Irish but living in the UK now too. Check out Stuff 4 Cakes on facebook, that's a group of mostly Irish based cake people icon_smile.gif

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 7

Hey,

I'm in Dublin alright.....let me know if you want any info or help with anything icon_biggrin.gif

Cakenicing4u Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 3:53am
post #5 of 7

WAHOO!! I have a few hits on my post... I wonder why I wasn't notified?? strange... I can't wait... we are trying to work it in for may 7-17, 2012...

What MUST we try?
Any great cookbooks we should get?
Where are cake supply shops?
Point me to a little bakery, or 3 or 10.... =)
I'm open to just about any suggestions!

LittleFoxBaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleFoxBaking Posted 2 Sep 2011 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 7

Hey great to hear you are visiting!!
Cake shop wise, there is kitchen compliments just off grafton street in the city centre as is Stock, there is another shop called the cakebox out in dun laoghaire. There are plenty of bakeries around, a lovely one in the georges street arcade that does yummy cupcakes. I hope you have lots of fun icon_biggrin.gif

Cakenicing4u Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 6:18am
post #7 of 7

It's a once in a lifetime trip for me and my mom... we are trying to squeeze as many things in as we can... in fact, I've hosted exchange students 4 times, and my German girl, Sarah is going to try and meet us in Ireland!! I'm excited, but terrified to leave my business behind!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%