What's Your Opinion Black Fondex?

Decorating By Price Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 1:28am by 3LittleBeesCookies

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a tire cake and needed some black fondant. I've always used Satin Ice but have been wanting to try different fondants to see if there is something I like better. I purchased 6lbs of the black elite fondex. I tasted it and do not like the flavor at all. To me it has an artificial raspberry taste and is bitter. I have played with it a little bit and it seems like it will be easy to work with but I'm not sure I can get past the taste. Has anyone else used it? I'm hoping it will taste a little better when eaten with cake and buttercream. Any opinions?

By the way I just recently used Choco pan and loved it. Next I plan on trying Massa.

I love using Satin Ice for my modeling, but I seem to have a problem with it cracking when covering a cake with it.

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 3

I use Fondarific/Duff's for black. I like it a lot. Sorry I couldn't help on the ones you already have.

3LittleBeesCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3LittleBeesCookies Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:28am
post #3 of 3

I've used both the Duff in black and the Fondx in black. I prefer the Duff brand's taste, but liked the workability of the Fondx better. And I liked choco pan as a snack, but had one heck of a time trying to cover a cake with it. I almost threw it against the wall. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%