Never Wanna Do That Again!! Lol

Baking By SweetSuzieQ Updated 7 Aug 2011 , 10:49am by scp1127

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 3:24am
post #1 of 6

I had a photo shoot today for my portfolio so, in order to get a good variation of the flavors/decoration I made 24 cupcakes (which is USUALLY not a big deal at all) but, they were all different. I don't even want to think about how many times I washed my stand mixer bowl, paddle, whisk, spatula, piping bag, tips etc. while mocking up different cupcakes and icings!!!

My feet are about ready to fall off but, the pics turned out amazing so, it was well worth it! I should hopefully have all the digital pics tomorrow and I cant wait to see them on the computer as they looked so lovely on the digital screen.

5 replies
Lyla_03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyla_03 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 3:32am
post #2 of 6

They sure do look yummy!!!

I'm having a cake tasting party this Friday for friends and family to test ALL my flavors...so I will be feeling your pain soon =/

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 3:33am
post #3 of 6

You are brave! When I do marathon shoots, I make one type of cupcake, make a huge bowl of IMBC, and get out tons of plastic containers, piping bags, and tips. I do all of the buttercreams for that type of "colored" cupcake. For example, I hae three different chocolate cupcake recipes, but in the pictures, I'll use one with all of the different buttercreams and toppers.
But I don't have pictures of groups of cupcakes. I know you are tired.

scp1127 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 3:35am
post #4 of 6

I forgot to tell you how pretty all of your cupcakes look. Great job!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 3:42am
post #5 of 6

That is sort of what I had done. I made a vanilla base for 12 and a chocolate base for 12. The vanilla base became vanilla, pretend lemon, fake strawberry, oreo and somewhat coconut and the chocolate base became chocolate, peanut buttter bomb, mint chocolate chip, and fake red velvet (just added red color! HA). Same thing with the IMBC, I made 2 batches and, one got vanilla, strawberry, oreo, lemon, etc. etc. Thank god for the new stand mixer tho otherwise I would have been even more exhausted...I think I took a shower before my friend arrived while my IMBC was "whipping" LOL

And thanks, there were some slight imperfections (I still find it hard to pipe well with a little bit of icing in the bag) but, her SLR camera is amazing and, you would never notice.

scp1127 Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 10:49am
post #6 of 6

I've never changed the batter colors, but that's a good idea. Thankfully, I have all but a few pictures, and those are the ones that can't be faked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%