Occuptaional Lisensce

Business By Katzmeow88 Updated 9 Aug 2011 , 11:09am by DSmo

Katzmeow88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katzmeow88 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 2

Been baking over 24 years. I am the private wedding kake baker for a large country club. I want to start branching out and offer my services to more companies ex. hotels. I do most of my baking out of the country club. The problem I am having is that the hotel properties say I need to have a lisence and or be bonded. I hear that can be very expensive. I understand the purpose of bonding but most of my friends are not but still have a business. I just want to have something to say that I am lisenced and my services are ligit, so I was told that all I need to get is an occupational lisence or something of the sort, for myself mostly. Can anyone help me with this? I am just trying to make a living in this hard economy and this is my passion and I want more people to see that. Much appreciated. Kat

1 reply
DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 11:09am
post #2 of 2

The State of Florida website has info and links for what you need. Start here: http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=8

Quote by @%username% on %date%