Marshmallow Fondant

Baking By lschmitz05 Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 9:05pm by krumbledkakes

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have been making my own fondant for the past couple months and have loved working with it. But I am having trouble with getting lumps of powder sugar in my fondant and can't seem to always get it to roll out without having the lumps of sugar... any ideas on how to stop this problem? Sifting the powder sugar?

4 replies
krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 5

I was having the same problem when I made it. Sifting will help a bit but I've heard the trick is to let it sit 24 hours (at least). That will give it time to let those chunks dissolve. Also, when I couldn't get a few of them out, I would use a toothpick to pick them out. HTH

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 5

The first time I made it I got those "lumps", since then I always sift my PS and don't have any problems. I let it sit at least 24 hours as well. If that doesn't help...maybe you should try a different brand of PS.

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you -

Do you refrigerate yours? And then do you take it out long long before you want to use it?

krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 5

No need to put it in the fridge, just wrap it up in some plastic wrap (lightly coated in vegetable shortening) and stick it in an air tight container.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%