Would You Make A Baby Shower Cake For Yourself?

Decorating By mindmontano Updated 5 Aug 2011 , 1:42am by sweetooth0510

mindmontano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindmontano Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,

Our friends are arranging a baby shower for us. And I think it would be good chance for me to practice baking and decorating a cake. You think is it ok for me to make the cake or should i leave it to our friends who are organizing?

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 6

I wouldn't make it. Where I'm from it's considered in extremely poor taste to host a shower for yourself or even to have very much to do with the planning. Ideally, it's pulled off as a surprise for the bride to be or the mother to be. Even though you're definitely not hosting this, it could come across that way. Plus, you should relax and enjoy your shower! icon_smile.gif

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 1:04am
post #3 of 6

I would say do what makes you happy! Every opportunity I get I'm practicing and perfecting techniques! Good luck to you!

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 1:17am
post #4 of 6

If it makes you happy go for it, that way you can even go crazy with the cake since is for your self, make exactly what you want how you want it with out worring about any thing is for you and your baby what more motivation do you want?. plus thats is what you do and what you are how can you not do it? I hope it comes out perfect, thumbs_up.gif good luck.

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 1:26am
post #5 of 6

I would check with whoever is planning it for you. It sounds like a good idea to make your own cake, but it might be disappointing for those trying to do something nice for you and they may have other plans. Plus, there's always at least a little stress with doing a cake, even if it's yours. Maybe just sit this one out and have fun with the next shower.

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 6

Check first that they haven't already organised a cake and wouldn't mind if you did one, if the answer is NO to both then go for it! I love decorating and having a play without the constraints of a clients requests or designs, this sounds like a great opportunity for you 'to have your cake and eat it too!'.

Make sure you aren't gong to stress yourself out too. Good luck with the baby.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%