Tips For Baking & Decorating Wilton Shaped Cake?

Decorating By JadedJenn Updated 4 Aug 2011 , 7:17am by Chonte

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 3:17am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I'm making a cake for this Saturday using one of the Wilton shaped pans (Pikachu) and was wondering if anyone has any tips for using those type of pans.

Also, any tips on decoration would be great too. I plan on just following the instructions with the pan, nothing fancy.

Thanks!

-Jenn

3 replies
Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

any time I've used one of those pans I've just used a star tip in the icing colors needed to make the shape look the closest to what it's supposed to look like.

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 5:58am
post #3 of 4

I wonder why my post was moved? I don't need instructions. I'm just wondering if people have any tips or tricks to pass along about using this type of pan.

Thanks for for your reply Paperfishies.

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 7:17am
post #4 of 4

just follow the instructions. make sure u have enough star tips to go around. i always make and color all my frosting first. i usually buy a tube of the wilton black decorator frosting instead of making my own. most of their pans only use black as an accent and i hate making it. that way you don't have to use up so much color and get that icky taste. good luck and have fun. i LOVE wilton shaped pans. alot of times you can use 1 pan for different cakes, just like a cookie cutter. happy caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%