Are My Prices Too High???????

Decorating By mmmcake0072 Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 6:17pm by mmmcake0072

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 3

I had a customer who wanted 80 mini cupcakes and 24 cake truffles. The cupcakes all had fondant flowers with a tall buttercream swirl plus assorted sanding sugars and those silver ball thingys. I told her that they would range between $1.25-$1.50 a piece depending on if I could get some of the ingredients on sale. (I am a scratch baker)
She also wanted 24 cake truffles that are all hand piped with swrils and whatnot. Somewhat like the ones in my photo gallery, I told her they would be $2 a piece.
Needless to say, she said that I was too expensive.........Can anyone out there let me know if they think that I am overpricing???/ Please!

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 3

Those prices actually sound a little low for mini-cupcakes with the design you mentioned. What is your cost for each mini-cupcake, including ingredients, labor (paying yourself a reasonable hourly wage), and overhead (insurance, utilities, etc)?

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 3

I was undercharging her.....she is related somewhere down the line and thought I was being nice......don't feel so nice anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%