Help...my Cupcakes Sink And Shrivel.

Baking By Melchas Updated 12 Aug 2011 , 1:36am by Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

Here is the recipe I have been using. Where I got it from, I'm not sure.

4 tblsp of pudding (whisked with 1 cup of whole milk til thick)
4 eggs (slightly beaten)
1 cup of sour cream (folded in with 1st two ingredients)
oil to box specifications
1 box of Betty Crocker cake mix
1 tsp of vanilla

I hand mix with a whisk until all ingredients are wet, then blend in mixer on low for 2 min. I bake at 350 for 17-18 mins.

I have been trying variations of this recipe for months and have looked on line as well as here to find a doctored box mix cupcake recipe that is dense like my cakes.

Can anyone direct me to a good site or offer any recipes or suggestions. I'm about ready to pull out my hair and my son wants cupcake for his birthday in 3 weeks. Besides, I've never let a baked good beat me, can't start now. Thanks in advance.

3 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 2:35am
post #2 of 4

Hello Melchas...
I saw your post yesterfeay - but not being a user of Instant Pudding in batter for Cupcakes i didn't think i could really offer much help...
Sadly you are still waiting for some help icon_sad.gif
I just went through the Cup Cake Section and found this thread for you - i am hoping that by reading it you might just find the answers you are looking for.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-725283.html

Sorry i can't be of more instant help -

Bluehue.

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

I think you need to add 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of sugar.

It looks very similiar to a WASC recipe.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:36am
post #4 of 4

Just looking at the recipe, the milk looks like an odd addition. All of the box cake recipes I've seen incorporate the pudding in dry powdered form. For example, here's the chocolate cake recipe I like to use for cupcakes:

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup melted butter
5 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch Bundt pan.
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and almond extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Blend in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%