Advise Please.

Baking By Cooksie Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm by Cooksie

Cooksie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cooksie Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Everyone

Is it true that overbeating a cake batter can cause the cakes to dome and not be light and fluffy? What is the best way for my cupcakes to dome and still be tasty, light and fluffy. Please help .... icon_sad.gif

7 replies
KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 8

It can also cause your cakes to be gummy. You never want to overbeat or underbeat your cake batter.

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 8

I learned this tip on here recently and it has worked every time:

Preheat your oven to 400. Bake your cupcakes at 400 for the first 5 minutes. Then turn your oven down to 325 or 350 (both have worked for me) and bake for the rest of the time. I get a perfectly shaped domed cupcake that is moist and fluffy. Also my cupcakes are usually done 1-2 minutes before the minimum baking time which helps the moistness, but of course every oven is different.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 8

I bake similar to osgirl but, I preheat to 400 and then put it to 350 as soon as I put them in the oven (mainly so I don't forget after 10 minutes) and they turn out beautiful and domed every time.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 8

Great tips! icon_biggrin.gif

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

I know that overbeating will make the cake appear undercooked. What i did learn is that using your ingredients cold makes a cake dome and getting them to room tempurature allows it to cook level. You can try that.

Cooksie Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all so much for replying so quickly. I will definately try every tip you all have listed and fingers crossed will get light, fluffy,domed cupcakes. Last thing I want is domed but gummy so won't over beat the batter. Baking over the weekend. Wish me luck ... will keep you posted.

Cooksie Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 8

I am so happy and it's all thanks to all your advice. I tried all your tips and they worked making my cupcakes dome, light & fluffy. Thank you sooooo much. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%