Red Velvet Cake

Decorating By CraveBakery Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 12:50am by redvelvet4u

CraveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraveBakery Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys I have a customer that wants a Red Velvet cake, with cream cheese, only it's really hot and humid here, and it's an outside party. So I'm worried about the heat. They don't want american buttercream. What would be a better yummy suggestion?

1 reply
redvelvet4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redvelvet4u Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 12:50am
post #2 of 2

I cater events as well as provide the cake, and I've had that problem here in florida. I've handled it two ways: If they insist on the cream cheese frosting for the wedding cake, I suggest using fondant or buttercream for a display cake, but serving the redvelvet from the kitchen to the guests. Sometimes the display cake is only a dummy with a real top for them to cut into for the pictures. That is the most popular choice. I have also kept the cake inside in the air, but at a locaton that can least be seen by the guests as they arrive. Most outdoor venues have some type of covered or indoor space. I then "present" the cake by rolling it out right before the cutting ceremony (cakeboss style!!!) I always warn the brides about how the cream cheese can get in the heat, and include a disclaimer in the contract!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%