Fondont & Bc Melting Help?

Decorating By DIGNAIC Updated 2 Aug 2011 , 7:47pm by metria

DIGNAIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DIGNAIC Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 2:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I need help. I made a cake this past weekend and it was pretty hot, well the cake began to melt... ugh.. the colored fondont melted.. i am making a cake for my sons birthday party next week, looks like it's going to be another hot weekend icon_smile.gif . I would like to know what can I do so the cake does not melt. the party is at 2 so cake should be 4ish.

thank you thank you thank you
for all and any help...
Karmen

5 replies
angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 2:47am
post #2 of 6

I would keep it in the frig as long as you can... I had the same prob this weekend.. Fla heat and a hot oven is not so good with fondant or BC

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 4:44am
post #3 of 6

Even way up North in New Hampshire we're having the same problem with outdoor cakes. The only thing you can do is keep it cold for as long as possible before cutting.

DIGNAIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DIGNAIC Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 6

thank you

autigger57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autigger57 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 6

Ooh i was going to ask a similiar question about SMBC under fondant. I heard that it was good forgetting sharp edges under fondant but once it softens under the fondant will the edges still be sharp? Will it melt so soft that my buttercream runs out of the bottom? I made a ruffle cake this past weekend and by the time we cut it....my ruffles were melting... icon_redface.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 6

if the cake can fit, you can get one of those huge styrofoam coolers from walmart (inexpensive and lightweight). leave it in there with a few ice packs and that should help for a few hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%