Well Dressed Cake Smbc - Best Frosting Ever!!!

Baking By KayMc Updated 27 Jul 2013 , 5:49am by AZCouture

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:51am
post #1 of 8

This weekend I baked a vanilla buttercream cake, and topped it with the Well Dressed Cake SMBC. I cut open vanilla beans, and put the vanilla insides in both the cake batter and the frosting. Both were simply fabulous, and the frosting was un.be.liev.able!!! Not a single person at the party didn't RAVE about the cake, and I think it was the best vanilla/white cake I ever tasted. And while it wouldn't be appropriate for all cakes, those little flakes of vanilla looked pretty cool, AND offered superb taste.

This frosting is my favorite vanilla. It's easy to make, and wins over people who don't normally like frosting because of it's sweetness. I only got a tiny piece, and wish I had a piece right now!

7 replies
imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:22am
post #2 of 8

Where is this recipe?? icon_smile.gif

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:29am
post #3 of 8

It is the best frosting...that's all I use. The strawberry smbc is to die for!! Puree strawberries and add some strawberry syrup...yummy!! Also, add melted mint choco chips for a mint smbc...wow!!

Can you tell I love it?!? icon_smile.gif

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:06am
post #5 of 8

Which cake recipe did you use?

KayMc Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 8

It's called 'white on white'. Just google it. I forget where I got the recipe from, but I've seen others on this site refer to it as well. it is a WONDERFUL white cake.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 5:49am
post #8 of 8

AI was suggesting this recipe in a Facebook group recently and figured I'd give this thread a bump while I was at it, in case anyone was looking to try SMBC for the first time, or wanted to try a different recipe. It's what I've used for years now, with a couple of tweaks. This is the one to try if the others have been too buttery for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%