Covered Your Fondant With The Mat

Decorating By BabyGSR Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 1:56am by dawnybird

seikelc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seikelc Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 10:48pm
post #31 of 40

I just got my mat in. I am using it tomorrow. Will let everyone know how well I like it.

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 11:33pm
post #32 of 40

me too personally.....but I order one anyways.... I will let you know

jazzchild32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jazzchild32 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:02am
post #33 of 40

Just ordered one also...after the rave reviews, I can't resist! icon_biggrin.gif

elainemc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainemc Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 12:23am
post #34 of 40

i love my mat. it is the single best cake decorating product i have bought. onr of the best features is that if you dont roll out enough even if it is tinted, you can just roll in extra white fondantand it blends in perfectly-you dont have to start from scratch-it kike a miracle

verosuperstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verosuperstar Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:09pm
post #35 of 40

I got my mat yesterday and just tried it right now on a 8" cake; omgosh it's awesome. My husband loves the fact that the fondant doesn't dry out while rolling and you lift the mat with the fondant in one piece without tearing(even using satin ice fondant). I should had ordered another one to cut it in half for the small cakes icon_sad.gif.

Veronica

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 8:42pm
post #36 of 40

Love my MAT. Used it on my second male torso cake. I'll be posting the pic soon.

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 8:30pm
post #37 of 40

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back about the mat.....I have used it twice and loved it, and no it does not seem to get sticky and gross from the shorting.....the only issue I had was how the company shipped it to me, they gave me a tracking number that apparently was not a tracking number and I had no idea where the package was, so I called them to find out about my package and they had no idea where it was so I talked to someone high up and they said I needed to wait a while longer and it should be arriving within a few days, (almost two weeks later and umpteen phone calls later it arrived)....If you give me a tracking number make sure it is an actual tracking number

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 1:05am
post #38 of 40

Shar, in regards to your question on which side is the seasoned one...When I first got mine, I wrote in small letters with a black marker the word "inside" down in one corner of each piece. Over that I placed a small strip of cellophane tape. I have used it repeatedly and have never had to wonder. It is a small thing, but has helped me. I also had trouble rolling them up together as smoothly as I would like so I purchased another mailing tube and just roll them separately and store them side by side.

I don't know how I ever managed before The Mat. And I have several different brands I purchased before finding this one.

Jan

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 1:28am
post #39 of 40

I have to say its the best tool I've ever bought too! Love the lack of mess. The size is an issue - I washed mine in the bath! Will buy a second one and cut it down. Worth the inflated currency exchange price! (hate that we pay sooo much more for American products- might just move!)

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 1:56am
post #40 of 40

I'll add my bit to this thread! I had never covered a cake in fondant except in my Wilton class and then, only with the help of my instructor. I bought the Mat, used my home made MMF, and it was like a ton of stress lifted off my shoulders. Wow! Also, when I got my first Mat, the mailing tube was crushed and the Mat had a crease in it. I emailed them pictures of the tube and they called me immediately and told me to keep that one and they'd send me another. It came within 3 days, and I have the creased one that I can cut down. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Everyone needs this tool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%