Choco Pan Nightmare!

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 1:23am by labmom

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 1:02am
post #1 of 4

Ugh. I'm makign my own birthday cake for tomorrow and things are not going well.

I bought Choco pan since it was the only pre-coloured fondant I could get in lime green. WEll, it's not co-operating. It's tearing and rolling out funny plus I can't get it thin at all!

Remind me NEVER to use it again!!!!

Okay, vent over. Back to my cake icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:59am
post #2 of 4

It may be too late for this to help, but you could try adding a little shortening to it. This makes it more pliable and less subject to tearing. Also, if it's too sticky, you could add a little powdered sugar to stiffen it up. But even if it doesn't, I hope you're having a really happy birthday!!!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 4

I hate chocopan.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:23am
post #4 of 4

I have used the dark chocopan quite a few times for wedding cakes. I have never had any problem with it. But you never know with any brand how it will work. I hate the fondarific. Have had nothing but problems with the 5 colors that I had to purchase. Ended up using satin ice last minute.

know it won't help but you can warm it for a few seconds to make it work better. Just a few seconds in the microwave. Just like with the fondant.

also.. you can get one of the fondants in the lime greent.. I think it is satin ice.
they do both pastel and bright colors. I had a bright pink and lime green wedding and it was great.

Feel bad that your making your own birthday cake.. Happy Birthday!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%