Flavors

Decorating By shar7599 Updated 1 Aug 2011 , 12:04am by traci_doodle

shar7599 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar7599 Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have a question about cake/icing flavors. Normally, since I make my fondant from scratch, I use box cake to cut down on time, but since with this wedding cake, I am buying fondant, I want to make the cake from scratch. I talked to the bride lastnight and she's not sure what kind of cake she wants to try, she's pretty "go with the flow". She did say she loves cheesecake so I was thinking of a cheesecake icing instead of buttercream.

I found a recipe on here for a crusting cream cheese icing. Does that kind of taste like cheesecake? What type/flavor of cake should I put with that? The grooms cake is going to be chocolate, with chocolate mousse icing/filling and chocolate dipped strawberries. So I think chocolate is out for the bride's cake.

Thanks for the tips/advice!

3 replies
shar7599 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shar7599 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 4

BUMP! icon_smile.gif

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:00am
post #3 of 4

Red velvet would be amazing. You could even do the no bake cheesecake filling in between the cake layers with a dam of white or milk chocolate ganache around the edge of the filling. That would be so awesome!! Good luck!!

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

How far into the future is the wedding? It takes a while to test out new recipes and find some that work for you. If baking from a mix works for you, why change? I haven't tried a ton of recipes, but I will say I have had more luck with scratch chocolate recipes than scratch white cake recipes. But if you need idea inspiration, I always go through the recipe section on here and look for top-rated recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%