Cheesecake Idea??

Decorating By LisaLing Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 4:00am by Marianna46

LisaLing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaLing Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever combined cannoli (cassata filling) with a cheesecake? I have been making cheesecakes for years. Recently asked to incorporate cannoli filling with my basic cheesecake. As I do not want to change my cheesecake recipe, I was thinking to either top my chocolate chip cheesecake with piped cannoli filling or my plain cheesecake. Has anyone ever combined the two?

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 1:13am
post #2 of 5

I never have, but I must say my mouth is watering at the idea. I wonder if cannoli filling on a chocolate chip cake would be chocolate chip overkill? Of course, I'm one of those people who think you can never have too much chocolate in a recipe, so you can guess which way I'd vote. Also the chocolate chips in the cheesecake and the chocolate chips in the cannoli filling might tie the two together better. Does that help at all?

LisaLing Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:51am
post #3 of 5

I actually made a chocolate chip cheesecake, thought about maybe combining some of the cannoli cream, but thought maybe would be too sweet. So I basically decorated cake with cannoli cream and cannolis. Thanks for your reply

LisaLing Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 1:57am
post #4 of 5

Uploaded a photo of cannoli cheesecake if anyone is interested.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 4:00am
post #5 of 5

Wow, LisaLing, talk about something looking good enough to eat! That cake is just plain mouth watering!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%