What Do You Use To Cut Fondant Ribbon?

Decorating By LindieLu Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 2:29am by leah_s

LindieLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindieLu Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 7

I typically use a pizza cutter and a ruler to cut fondant ribbon. They aren't always uniform though so I was thinking about getting the Wilton ribbon cutter - but read bad reviews... so... are their any other tools that may be helpful or other things you do to make your ribbon?

6 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 7
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 7

I like my Wilton ribbon cutter; I use it all the time. thumbs_up.gif

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 7

I use an expandable cutter. It looks like a pizza cutter (wheel) times 6 - all attached. You simply space them however you want and cut multiple ribbons at a time. Do a google search. If you like it, and I can find mine, I'll give you one! You'll love it.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 7

I use a Wilton fondant cutter and I have a favorite little paring knife that is really sharp and works well too!

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingpw

I use an expandable cutter. It looks like a pizza cutter (wheel) times 6 - all attached. You simply space them however you want and cut multiple ribbons at a time. Do a google search. If you like it, and I can find mine, I'll give you one! You'll love it.

I just bought one of these with 5 cutters attached. I have only used it once so far but it is AMAZING! Love love love!

I saw them selling online for about $30-$40, I found mine on ebay (not knowing it was from a cake supply place that's only about a 45 min drive from me) for just over $20 with free shipping.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 2:29am
post #7 of 7

I use a yardstick and a paring knife. Sometimes, if I need an odd width ribbon, I use the Wilton ribbon cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%