Agbay!

Decorating By funpets Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 1:11pm by LisaPeps

funpets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funpets Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 8

am trying to buy the much talked about cake leveler,my only issue is that i dont know which one and where can i go to compare prices and faster delivery.if you own one,your comment will be highly appreciated.thank you!

7 replies
caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by funpets

am trying to buy the much talked about cake leveler,my only issue is that i dont know which one and where can i go to compare prices and faster delivery.if you own one,your comment will be highly appreciated.thank you!

Hi FunPets...

This is the website: www. agbayproducts. com(remove the spaces)
I own the double blade, but had I ordered the single blade, I would have been just as happy. It is a great tool and I truly enjoy it!

HTH

Torimomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torimomma Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

If you are making cakes smaller than 12" I'd go with the cheapie Wilton one. It works great for me and costs about $3.

GuiltyPleasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GuiltyPleasures Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 6:47am
post #4 of 8

I love mine. It would be the very last of my cake things that I would ever part with. I have the single blade and it works just fine for my purposes. I called Maureen and spoke to her in depth before I made my purchase. She actually told me that for my purposes she would recommend the single blade (especially because you can always buy the piece for the second one later). I was ready to buy the double blade but she thought the single would work for me and she was right. I was very impressed; who suggests that their customers buy less? I would say call her up and talk to her, she will give you an honest opinion. She is great to work with.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 8:54am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torimomma

If you are making cakes smaller than 12" I'd go with the cheapie Wilton one. It works great for me and costs about $3.

I wouldnt advise this! Comparing the Wilton leveller to the Agbay is like comparing $200 bottle of champagne to a $3 bottle of cheap plunk.

As far as I am aware, Maureen is the main distributor of the Agbay except for the two others listed in this thread http://CakeCentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7171157#7171157 though I doubt they would be cheaper, they might be faster though.

I am a hobby baker, I had the Wilton leveller and it was a pile of crap. I actually stopped using it and used the toothpicks and dental floss method instead. I then got the Agbay and I wouldn't give it up, ever, period! I'd rescue it from a burning building lol!

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 9:14am
post #6 of 8

I live in the UK so had to have one imported from Maureen in the States so it cost me even more but so worth it. Fabulous product, fabulous service from Maureen at Agbay and like the op I would rescue it from a burning building icon_biggrin.gif

funpets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funpets Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 9:37am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torimomma

I wouldnt advise this! Comparing the Wilton leveller to the Agbay is like comparing $200 bottle of champagne to a $3 bottle of cheap plunk.

As far as I am aware, Maureen is the main distributor of the Agbay except for the two others listed in this thread http://CakeCentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7171157#7171157 though I doubt they would be cheaper, they might be faster though.

I am a hobby baker, I had the Wilton leveller and it was a pile of crap. I actually stopped using it and used the toothpicks and dental floss method instead. I then got the Agbay and I wouldn't give it up, ever, period! I'd rescue it from a burning building lol!

am lol so hard!thanks guys,who is maureen?

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 8

Maureen and her husband Tony own Agbay Products.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%