Well This Is Fun For A Change, Rating Milk Chocolate!

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 11:45pm by FromScratchSF

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

Just came across this and thought it was interesting, I don't use much milk chocolate but this sure helps when I'm standing in the store!

http://www.kitchendaily.com/2011/07/28/the-best-milk-chocolate/#photo-1

What do you think? Agree? See yours on the list?

Jen

5 replies
klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know if I agree or disagree. I think it's all in what you like. I don't like to knock people for their choices. I think it's what people are raised with or have grown accustom to..

I know I can tell a difference between say...Ghirardelli baking semi sweet baking chips and Hershey's or Nestle. I bought I think Hershey's once and was surprised how different they taste in comparison the Ghirardelli. I was not raised on Ghirardelli or Lindt..or whatever...I just use it enough now that I've grown accustom to it and everything else just tastes different.

I do like myself a Butterfinger every now and then icon_razz.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 6

Interesting. I've never liked the texture of Dove milk chocolate so I was surprised to see it in 1st place. For eating, I like Toblerone but I'm perfectly happy with a good old-fashioned Hershey's Kiss icon_biggrin.gif. I don't think I've ever used milk chocolate for baking, just unsweetened or semi-sweet.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 6

LOL! I only knew 8 out of the 20 they had listed. And two of those I have never even tasted. Oh well, our small town tastes are much less refined! icon_biggrin.gif

sappy42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sappy42 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Interesting. I've never liked the texture of Dove milk chocolate so I was surprised to see it in 1st place. For eating, I like Toblerone but I'm perfectly happy with a good old-fashioned Hershey's Kiss icon_biggrin.gif. I don't think I've ever used milk chocolate for baking, just unsweetened or semi-sweet.

I pretty much agree with this... a regular Hershey's bar satisfies me, but we have a local chocolate company that I prefer to Godiva or Ghirardelli even.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 6

Yeah I was surprised with Dove, I think it's too... something. Fake, maybe? But Green & Blacks is really some of the yummiest chocolate, I wish they had a restaurant division and sold in bulk but they don't, they only sell by the bar and its way too expensive for as much as I go thru chocolate. If you can get a hold of their vanilla bean white chocolate bar, it's divine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%