My Cakes Are Far From Perfect... But.......

Decorating By angelleyes Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 7:58am by JanH

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:28am
post #1 of 4

I have seen some really beautiful cakes on here that deserve a lot of praise and never get any comment.. And then I have seen some cakes that don't deserve all the praise they get.. Am I missing something? I'm sooo not an expert yet but trust me i'm working on it. My cakes are far from perfect i'm just starting out, so I don't expect any praise. I just don't get it... I know it's a matter of personal opinion .. Am I just being to harsh?

3 replies
mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:20am
post #2 of 4

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:45am
post #3 of 4

agreed... but I just was wondering. I know I probaly sounded like a snob.. but actually I was just getting everyones input.. or trying to that is.

I'll shut up now lol icon_razz.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 7:58am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

Ladies and Gentlemen of CakeCentral:

Over the last month or so there has been an unsettling increase in the volume and frequency of petty bickering in the forums.

This behavior is completely unacceptable and against the spirit of Cake Central.

The moderators and administrators are fed up with trying to keep up with this ugliness and trying to keep the peace.

Quite frankly, Heath and I are disgusted with the behavior of a handful of members and we are putting an end to it.

Consider this message fair notice to everyone. The leniency is over. We are going to start banning any member we feel is starting problems, provoking others, making snide remarks, or insulting other members.

I don't care if we have to ban 1000 users if that is what it takes to get this community back to focusing on cakes instead of inter-personal drama.

We are all supposed to be here to talk politely about cake, support each other, and lend a helping hand.

If you don't agree with someone, by all means.... disagree, but do it respectfully.

If someone asks for your constructive criticism, then give it... constructively.

If you find yourself unable to write a post, PM, or response in a constructive, encouraging or supportive way then you need to walk away.

Remember, this community is based on values of caring, and generosity of spirit.

Focus on what you share in common, learn from what makes you different, support each other through struggles, and celebrate each others' success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%