Cake Lawsuit On People's Court

Lounge By Kellbella Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm by aprilismaius

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 4:11am
post #1 of 13

Check out CakeWrecks' site for a video about a woman suing because of a misspelled name on a cake icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

12 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:04am
post #2 of 13

omg how entertaining!

*MY* big peeve is people who, as the judge pointed out, names their child something weird or spelled weird and forces the child to have to spell out their name for the rest of their life! (It's also impossible for the kid to have one of those personalized license plates on the back of their tricycle!!!)

I say ... if you're going to stick your child with a weird name or weird spelled name, then learn to deal with it.

Kellbella Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

omg how entertaining!

*MY* big peeve is people who, as the judge pointed out, names their child something weird or spelled weird and forces the child to have to spell out their name for the rest of their life! (It's also impossible for the kid to have one of those personalized license plates on the back of their tricycle!!!)

I say ... if you're going to stick your child with a weird name or weird spelled name, then learn to deal with it.

Amen to that! thumbs_up.gif

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 13

I couldn't finish watching it on Cake Wrecks, it cut off towards the end. So, I looked it up on You Tube and was glad to see that the judge made the judgement for the defendant. That mother was nuts!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 13

What hit me a little bit ago was this mom was SO-O-O-O upset that this $55 cake totally RUINED the entire party to the point that she felt like she should be reimbursed for the whole party ..... yet this cake that was SO important, she chose to only spend $55 on it and it looked like a sheet cake.

She's acting like it was the biggest centerpiece of the party and she spent 1.2% of her whole budget on it. Fifty. Bucks.

Woo. icon_cool.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 13

I have to say growing up with a "different" name I was always upset that I couldn't find anything with my name on it .. IF I was lucky enough to find something that was personalized with my name, it was always spelled wrong ..

Now even at 31 years old I still buy things that have my name on them and spelled "correctly"

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:21am
post #7 of 13

I want to know whether the fiance ended up marrying Keshia or saw his future and ran.

Kellbella Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

I want to know whether the fiance ended up marrying Keshia or saw his future and ran.

LOL...good question icon_lol.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 13

I thought the same thing, "If it was that important, why $55?" My head tilted in thought when they said the cake was moved around quite a bit. Without a strong enough board, cake icing will crack, folks!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:57pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

LOL...the kid needs to learn to deal with it, too. Many years ago my daughter had a frend named Khrystine. Yes, Khrystine. I went to put her name on something and forgot the "h". Her reaction was a deep sigh and the comment "I'm so tired of people spelling my name wrong" icon_surprised.gif My response was along the lines of "Sweetie, you need to take that up with your mother" icon_lol.gif

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 1:14pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

My response was along the lines of "Sweetie, you need to take that up with your mother" icon_lol.gif

Ha ha, awesome!
thumbs_up.gif

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 5:40pm
post #12 of 13

Wow! If I were either the daughter or the future groom I would have been so embarrassed to even be present at that court procedure for all the world to see... If I were a vendor that they have booked for the wedding itself, I would be trying to find out how to give them the deposit back! Yikes!

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:54pm
post #13 of 13

hahaha. my last name is vuylsteke. no one will ever, in a million years, spell it or pronounce it correctly. i don't care. people get upset about the stupidest things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%