Princess And The Frog Wedding Cake

Decorating By pastrygirls Updated 29 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm by KristyCakes

pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 6

ok, so this is an odd request. i've been asked to do a cake for my ex-fiance whos getting married in october. i am still good friends with his family and sisters, but haven't talked to him in almost 7 yrs. my husband is ok with me making the cake, so i asked how many people, design, flavors etc before i jump in. i was told it was going to be in a backyard, so expected about 50-75 people. oh no....150 people! AGH. now, i bake prosfessionally at a hotel so, i do wedding cakes for work all the time. but baking at home is a whole different ballgame. i dont have any of my tools at home, or pans etc.

so for the design they want a princess and the frog theme. the are thinking purple and hunter green. they have a topper, but are cool with any other ideas that i have. this cake lands right in the middle of a VERY busy wedding season at work. so now that i know how big of a cake i'm looking at, i'm a little hesitant to do the cake.

so looking for some fun, simple ideas to make this cake special for a wedding, but not kiddy and cheesy. Thanks for the help icon_surprised.gif)

5 replies
pastrygirls Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:39am
post #2 of 6

thinking of doing 5 small cakes for the base, decorated like lillipads, then make a 3 tier cake ontop of that. bottom tier decorated with grass and cattails, then second tier green base with purple swirls, and not sure about top tier. i dont know what the topper looks like. any ideas???????

madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:03am
post #3 of 6

Some water lillies would be nice for flowers, you could do one tier blue for the water, and some dragonflies floating above from wires.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 6:24am
post #4 of 6

Well I googled and found this. Its seems like a very nice cake. Maybe this can inspire you. the creater is Wild Cakes. I apologize if the image is too large.

pastrygirls Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 6

thanks for the ideas....its getting the creative juices flowing. icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 6

I think a lily would be a great topper. I've got a princess and the frog cake in my photos that would be perfect for a wedding. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%