Business Name

Business By Let-Them-Eat-Cake08 Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm by mburkett

Let-Them-Eat-Cake08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Let-Them-Eat-Cake08 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 4

Just throwing around some ideas for a business name and wanted to get some feedback from other people. I'm pretty much focusing on cupcakes right now, but could possibly go into cakes in the future.

Here are my top three choices!

-Let Them Eat Cake
-Cake My Day
-Palmetto Cupcakes (my business will be in South Carolina and the Palmetto tree is the state tree and a very popular symbol around here!)

Let me know what you think and feel free to make other suggestions! Thanks!

3 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 4

My d/b/a business name is "Let Them Eat Cake", it's a very popular name for a bakery so we identify the business under a compound name with both the d/b/a name and the LLC name.

As for the other names you should do a local search as well as a trademark search to make sure there won't be confusion with other businesses.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 4

There are way too many "Let them eat cake" places out there. I'd avoid that one and go with something else. Palmetto would work since it's in SC and you have those lovely palmetto bugs.

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 4

I know of two "Let Them Eat Cake" within my area alone (one is Jason's). I like your Palmetto idea. It's more unique. However, if you're going to move into cakes into the future, you may not want to include "cupcakes" in the biz name now. It will limit your customer's perception of your product line. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%