Cake Stencil Question

Decorating By Nazarine Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 3:53am by Nazarine

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 3

This may be a dumb question but here goes.
I love the damask stencil with the 5 separate tiers. But I only need one of them and was thrilled that they sold them separately. When I clicked on the description, I see that one is 6.1" high (way too high) and the other is 3.1" high (too short). What do you do with a 4" high cake? First time using stencils so I'm a little confused. Do you just buy the bigger one and cut down? I'm only making a single tier 10" cake that will be 4" high. Gotta say that damask cutters are looking mighty good right about now.
Thanks!

2 replies
glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

Hi Nazarine,

I think it would depend on the design of the stencil.

The stencils I purchased for my Son's wedding cakes had between an inch to 1 1/2 inch of space between the design and the edge of the stencil. And, one of the stencils was 7 inches tall, but my cake was only a little over 4 inches high. So, what I did was put my tier on a cake stand and then moved the cake to the outer edge of the stand. This way the stencil could hang down below the cake and I could then position the design in the middle of the cake tier.

I hope this helps,
Tammy

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:53am
post #3 of 3

Thanks!!! I saw some videos where they cut them and I was not thrilled about spending that kind of money on stencils to take a pair of scissors to them! Your idea is perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%