Cupcake Liner Not Sticking To Cupcake?

Baking By MellieC Updated 26 Jul 2011 , 6:56pm by Osgirl

MellieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MellieC Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all,

Maybe this has happened to someone before.

I made a batch of lemon cupcakes and this is the first time it happened but after baking my liners slowly started to peel away (all by themselves??) from the cupcake liner.
Does anyone know what causes this and/or what I can do to prevent it from happenning again?

To fix this problem before filling and icing my cupcakes, I just put a little bit of icing on the side to that the liner sticks to the cupcake (a little bit of patch up job... hee hee) worked fine.

I just don't want it to happen again!

Thanks a bunch!

Mellie in Qc...

6 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 7

id like to know also, it happened with my red velvet cupcakes

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 7

I used to get this problem too. I tried switching to more expensive liners and that didn't solve it. What did work was removing them from the pan immediately upon taking out of the oven. They are super hot and it can be a bit difficult to do without burning my hands, but they no longer start to pull away from the liners.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 7

Coleslawcat, I've done that, too, but sometimes it still doesn't work. I've had some coming off of the cupcake when they're being pulled from the oven and contributed that to over baking, but not sure about that either. I wish we could figure out the problem and correct it because it's annoying when it happens!

vgray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgray Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 7

I made some cupcake yesterday that did this. I had use Reynolds cupcake liners instead of the Wilton ones. I also tried the technique of baking at 400 for the first 5 minutes and turned the oven down to 325 for the remaining time. I don't know if it was the different liners or the new baking technique I used that caused the cupcakes to pull away, but they didn't rise as tall as they usually do (only abut half way up the liner. I usually bake at 350 for 13 minutes, the cupcake would rise but wouldn't have a little dome and I wanted try to get the little dome. I think I will go back to my regular baking time with the new liners to see if this helps. I can live with flat top cupcakes that rise properly and don't pull from the liners...

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 7

This happened to me. Now I shake the pan around before I put it in the oven. I also lay a towel on the counter and tap the pan on the counter. I had researched this same problem and learned that it could be air getting in the batter. Tapping the pan on the counter evens out the batter and helps get rid of the air before baking. I also bake at 400 for the first 5 minutes and then turn the oven down to 325 or 350.

I haven't had the problem since.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%